Forums

Topic: The Unoffical TV Show Mega Thread

Posts 981 to 992 of 992

Fizza

The newest (and final 😭) season of Inside No 9 kicked off tonight and after watching the first episode, I think I've officially developed siderodromophobia.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Dogorilla

@Fizza I've never really watched Inside No 9 before as I don't like horror, but decided to give it a go tonight and thought it was great! (The only other episode I've seen is the one with Lee Mack doing a quiz show, which wasn't as good imo.) I'll keep watching this series and probably end up traumatised when it gets really dark =)

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Fizza

@Dogorilla Oh I cannot recommend it enough personally. I don't tend to watch too many TV shows myself (I think I've watched a grand total of about seven in the past 3-4 years XD) but No.9 is pretty much everything I enjoy with media rolled into one: it's funny, it's creepy, it's incredibly well-acted and somehow manages to keep consistently surprising me nearly a decade in from both a story and premise standpoint.

I'm pretty sure the whole show is on BBC iPlayer so its readily available if you want to go binge the whole series (provided you actually live in the UK of course). Any episode is a good starting point given its anthology structure but my personal recommendations for someone who wants to get into the series would definitely be:

• A Quiet Night In
  • The Twelve Days of Christine
  • Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room
  • The Devil of Christmas
  • Lip Service

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

XandertheWise

what streaming website/app you watching the old Captain N on?

Jhena wrote:

Captain N is a wild cartoon. Started to watch the second season today. Simon Belmont is a really funny character. It is a cool show.

XandertheWise

Jhena

@XandertheWise
I bought the DVD's from (Amazon propably). 2 normal seasons and 1 Captain N and the new Super Mario World season. The distributor is called Pidax and you can change the language from German to English.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Tasuki

I have been in a documentary mood lately so I have been watching stuff like The Food that Built America on History Channel and Mystries at the Museum on Travel Channel.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MontyCircus

Tasuki wrote:

I have been in a documentary mood lately so I have been watching stuff like The Food that Built America on History Channel and Mystries at the Museum on Travel Channel.

I enjoyed The Toys that Built America and am currently enjoying How Disney Built America.

MontyCircus

Dogorilla

@Fizza Thanks for the recs! I'll probably keep watching the new season each week and then check out those episodes afterwards

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Tasuki

@MontyCircus Toys that built America was good, I finished that one a few months ago. The Cars that built America was good too, and I am really enjoying the Mega Brands that Built America along with Disney.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jhena

Just finished watching Chouriki Sentai Ohranger. Great from start to finish, with a very likeable cast. There were even scenes, that made me feel for the antagonists. Even goofiness can be cool, Gunmajin is the perfect example, he is awesome. I felt like bringing world peace to the world.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

XandertheWise

rest of this month starting this week I'm going to be busy watching Smallville Seasons 5 and 6 for DVD along with watching/skimming through episodes of Season 5 of Virgin River on Netflix. that and get around to catching up on Fear the Walking Dead Season 7 and 8 for DVD and Titans Seasons 3 and 4 for DVD

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

just started rewatching/binging through Smallville Season 6 for DVD today.

XandertheWise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic